This engagement process will help articulate a clear direction that resonates with TSMV, the community and Town of Canmore Council and Administration. It will create a greater understanding of the purpose of an ASP and how it informs future development. It also allows TSMV to hear input from many voices in a safe and productive environment.
TSMV is creating numerous opportunities for all community members to feel heard during each phase of the ASP process. Feedback will inform the draft vision and principles document. It will also focus on the ASP itself, to make sure everyone understands this strategic level document and all the elements in it.
Activities will also provide a way to report back to the community on what was heard and how it can be incorporated. Public Council Meetings and updates through local media are other avenues TSMV will use to keep the community informed.
Here are just a few activities to look out for:
Coordinated “get to know” Canmore’s Three Sisters tours
- Guided walking/cycling/snowshoeing tours of the TSMV property.
Community engagement pop-ups
- Conduct a series of information booths at events that span community lifestyle interests.
- October 4: Canmore Mountain Market
- October 13: Canmore, Safeway (11 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- October 18: Bow Valley Chamber Business Excellence Awards
- October 23: Elevation Place (4 to 7 p.m.)
- October 27: Thrive Health and Wellness Festival Expo
- October 31: Seniors Seniors Association, Creekside Hall (11 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
Community-based public meetings
- Attend regularly scheduled group meetings and provide updates: BOWDA, Bow Valley Chamber of Commerce, Canmore-Kananaskis Tourism, Rotary Club of Canmore, etc.
- October 3: Canmore Rotary breakfast
- October 11: BOWDA luncheon
Enhanced communication with Town of Canmore Administration
- Monthly meetings
- Lead workshop sessions focused on broader community issues.
Enhanced Communication to Town Council
- Make sure Council members are up-to-date on engagement activities
- Share how input is shaping the ASP
- Update Council during Committee of the Whole monthly meetings.
- November 13: Committee of the Whole